Microsoft Office Picture Manager is a program which is part of MS Office versions 2003 through 2010. This is a pretty handy tool used to crop, resize, compress images and has few more functionalities as well. Let us have a look at the these picture editing features.
Open any picture in in Microsoft Office Picture Manager and click on ‘Picture’. ‘Picture’ menu shows the following editing options.
- Auto Correct: This feature auto corrects the brightness, contrast and color settings of image.
- Brightness and Contrast: You can manually adjust the brightness and contrast of image. Clicking on ‘Brightness and Contrast’ opens up the sidebar to manually adjust the brightness/contrast settings.
- Color: Click on ‘Color’ to manually change ‘Hue and saturation’ settings.
- Crop: Click on this option to crop any part of the image. This is really a very convenient tool.
- Rotation and Flip: This is a very convenient tool to rotate an image to left or right. This tool also has option to rotate image through a specific angle. Image can also be flipped horizontally or vertically.
- Red Eye Removal: An easy tool for red eye correction.
- Resize: Using this tool, images can be resized to “Predefined width X height”. Other options include “Custom width X height” and “Percentage of original width X height”.
- Compress Pictures: Pictures can be easily compressed to be embedded in Documents, Webpages and Emails.